One of the best parts about living in the Midwest is getting to experience the changing seasons. We get to see the leaves change color during the fall, play around in the snow during the winter, defrost during the spring, and sit by the pool during the summer. However, the changing seasons wouldn’t be quite as enjoyable without your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) unit.
You and your family rely on your HVAC system to keep your home comfortable throughout the year. But did you know that the extreme heat of summer and blistering cold of winter put a lot of stress on your machine? If that stress reaches a critical point, it could result in your equipment breaking down when you need it the most. As we shift from season to season, make sure your HVAC continues to run smoothly with preventative maintenance.
The Importance of Seasonal HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, it’s easy to take your HVAC system for granted. You adjust the temperature on the thermostat, and you expect it to work—simple as that. However, wear and tear can accumulate as the season goes on. Taking a reactive approach to the health of your HVAC can not only risk your system breaking down but can also force you to pay for expensive repairs. Be proactive by scheduling preventative maintenance.
Preventive maintenance refers to the maintenance a technician does to keep your HVAC in good condition. They inspect your unit from the inside out to make sure everything is working as it should. If any problems are spotted, the issue is fixed immediately. This service can prevent the need for costly repairs down the road and give you peace of mind.
HVAC Maintenance Schedule
Have you ever tried to get an HVAC repair service provider to come to your house during the summer or winter months? As you can imagine, these are the busiest times of the year for most HVAC technicians. You could find yourself waiting weeks before a technician has time to schedule a visit. This is why it’s a good idea to plan seasonal maintenance before peak times.
For winter HVAC maintenance, professionals recommend having your system checked in the fall when the weather is still mild. When summer is just around the corner, it is best to perform spring HVAC maintenance. Setting up a regular schedule for your maintenance needs can help you avoid unnecessary headaches.
What Does Seasonal Maintenance Include?
If you’re interested in getting seasonal maintenance for your HVAC, you may be curious to know what is included in the service. The truth is there’s no industry standard for this service. It ultimately depends on the contractor you decide to hire. Before you choose a vendor, find out what they offer for their service.
Most preventative maintenance plans tend to include the following:
- Tightening electrical connections
- Inspecting system controls
- Cleaning and inspecting coils
- Lubricating moving parts
- Replacing worn down parts
- Replacing filters
- Cleaning and checking blowers and fans
Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
Preventative maintenance can provide a number of benefits. Here are some of the more common benefits you can expect:
- Breakdown Prevention: During a regularly scheduled visit, a technician performs the usual upkeep tasks and inspects your unit for any concerns. By dealing with issues before they have a chance to escalate into full-fledged problems, you prevent breakdowns.
- Energy Savings: Your HVAC is one of the biggest drains of electricity in your home. The more efficient they are, the less energy they need to do their job. With preventative maintenance, a professional can fix anything inhibiting its efficiency.
- Avoid Nullifying Warranties: Most expensive technology comes with a warranty, including your HVAC system. Many HVAC warranties can be voided if the owner doesn’t have their equipment serviced at set intervals.
- Better Air Quality: If you have allergies or are sensitive to airborne particles, then you know how important clean air is. The air filter plays an important part in preventing things like pollen and dust from invading your breathing space.
Schedule Your Preventative Maintenance Service
John’s Service and Sales, Inc. is the leading provider of preventative maintenance and HVAC repair in Oglesby, IL. We are dedicated to providing all of our customers superior customer service you can’t find anywhere else. With us as your provider, you can rest easy knowing your HVAC system is in good hands.
Contact us today to set up your preventative maintenance plan.